Registrations are filling up fast so don’t delay and secure your spot at Magento’s premier eCommerce conference. We have had an overwhelming response since registration opened on Tuesday at 12:00pm PT and expect to sell out of the discounted early bird tickets by the end of the weekend! Register now before the first $100 price increase goes into effect. Still trying to decide if you should attend the 2013 Imagine eCommerce Conference?
Here’s a quick reminder of some of the many reasons to join us:
- Hear firsthand from the Magento leadership team and world-renowned guest speakers on technology, retail, entrepreneurial spirit and building success
- Meet and hear about our new family members and leadership from eBay
- Attend sessions on Magento and eCommerce technologies, merchant case studies, building your business and many other topics
- See the latest apps and extensions to drive conversation, traffic and lifetime customer value
- Learn best practices from professionals with vast experience in leading brands, retailers and eCommerce sites
- Network with more than 1,500 eCommerce professionals from around the world
If You Miss Out on Early Bird Pricing, There is Always the Imagine Challenge!
Every year we offer an opportunity for Magento community members to win a trip to Imagine! Magento enthusiasts can enter the contest by showing off how they are leveraging Magento to create a unique site design, promotion or customization. To view the official rules and enter for your chance to win the grand prize, visit the Imagine Challenge site.
We hope to see you there!
December 5, 2012 I 10:00AM PDT
Webinar: Newsletter Publishing Tips and Strategies
Publishing a regular newsletter is considered to be one of the most powerful and affordable marketing tools available. You are invited to join this webinar to learn five practical and innovative techniques for using Magento Go to support your newsletter campaign, content development, and publication process.
Topics to be covered include:
- Promoting your newsletter
- Building and managing your list of subscribers
- Providing a platform for content development
- Maintaining an archive of back issues
- Driving traffic to your store
Date: December 5, 2012 10:00AM PST
Presenters: Claire Condra, Education Content Manager and Alyssa Gothelf, Online Marketing Manager, Magento
November 14, 2012 I 10:00AM PDT
Webinar: Relationship Marketing: Attract New Shoppers and Nurture Repeat Business
From email newsletters to product reviews, relationship marketing has become a vital component of any store’s strategy for success. Creating long-term relationships and interacting with customers through emails, social media, and other touchpoints helps you attract new shoppers, nurture repeat business, and re-capture former customers – all while controlling your marketing and customer service costs.
Join this webinar to learn best practices for four vital facets of relationship marketing:
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Product reviews
- Recapturing abandoned shopping carts
Date: November 14, 2012 10:00AM PDT
Presenters: Lily Tung Crystal, Writer, ProStores and Alyssa Gothelf, Online Marketing Manager, Magento
Email marketing is one of the top tools merchants use to retain their customers and spark more sales, yet it’s difficult to keep your newsletters fresh, unique and engaging. Use these 10 tips to implement an inspired, creative email campaign:
1. Use your newsletter to educate your customers, not just to make a sale. What you sell is secondary. It’s more important to offer your readers valuable information, like news and how-to articles that are relevant to your product. It ensures your newsletter gets read.
2. Keep your inventory fresh and introduce new products in your newsletters. Focus on themes when considering what products to feature. For example, if you sell clothing or accessories, link each newsletter installment to a specific fashion trend.
3. Make your email newsletters part of your greater social media strategy. Publish related posts on your blog, Facebook and Twitter. Not only does this multi-faceted approach ensure that you reach more readers and fans, the fresh, unique content helps you optimize for search engines. Don’t forget to include your Facebook and Twitter links in every email so that you can grow your fan base.
4. Customize your emails to different types of customers. For instance, if you sell to both wholesale and retail customers, send out two separate newsletters, since those two groups have different needs.
5. Offer people discounts. Figure out what promotions work best for you in terms of attracting customers. Some merchants believe 20 percent is a good call to action because 10 percent is not quite enough to get people buying. Others find giving a free gift more effective than offering a discount code. Still others offer free shipping as their hook.
6. Believe it or not, studies show that the most read part of an email is the postscript, so write a P.S. In it, feature accessories that might complement customer purchases or ask customers to join your Facebook page where they can access more promotions.
7. Carefully consider your mailing frequency. When sent too often, email newsletters lose their effectiveness and people start considering them junk.
8. Strategize the best time to distribute your newsletter. Some companies send the first weekend of every month. Because it collides with payday, people are more apt to buy when prompted by the newsletter.
9. Occasionally ask customers for feedback so that you can adjust your web store and product offerings to better serve them. One efficient method is creating a survey and offering people a discount if they answer a few questions. You gain two-fold—you garner customer comments, and you increase sales.
10. Track your metrics so that you can calculate how your emails affect customer purchases. Adjust your strategy accordingly.
This month’s webinar with Anastasia Harlamova from aheadWorks focused on how to use email marketing more effectively. The presentation began with a look at some best practices for subject lines and how to set up the proper “From” and “Reply To” fields. Anastasia then gave everyone 10 tips for improving the open rate of your next newsletter and concluded with advice on how to avoid spam filters.
Purpose of This Webinar
You put time, effort and resources into building your email marketing campaigns. This webinar showed you how to make the most of your efforts and how not to get held up by some of the more common mistakes.
Please note, this blog post contains a new link for the video recording.