Using a Favicon
Favicon is short for “favorite icon,” and refers to the little icon in the address bar of your browser. The favicon also appears on the tab of each browser page. Depending on your theme, a sample favicon may already be uploaded for your store.
Favicons are generally 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels in size. Although Magento accepts .ico, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .apng, and .svg file types, not all browsers support these formats. The safest format to use for a favicon file is an .ico. Many free tools are available online to convert more common image types, such as .png, .gif, and .jpg to the .ico format. Because Magento Go does not convert an image from one format to another, any file conversion should take place before the file is uploaded to your store.
Step 1: Create a Favicon
- Create a 16x16 or 32x32 graphic image of your logo, using the image editor of your choice.
- Use one of the available online tools to convert the image to the .ico format. Name the file, “favicon.ico” or something else that is suitable, and save it to your computer.
Step 2: Upload the Favicon to Your Store
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under General, select Design. Then, click to expand the HTML Head section.
- Next to the Favicon Icon field, click the Browse button. Find and select the favicon file to upload.
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.