Adding Search Terms
People may use different terminology to describe the same product. You can create additional search terms to “cast a wider net,” and direct people to the most closely matching products in your catalog.
To add a new search term:
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Search Terms.
- Click the Add New button.
Catalog > Search Terms: General Information
- In the General Information section, in the Search Query box, type the word or phrase that you want to add as a new search term.
- Select the Store where the search term will be used. If your store is available in multiple languages, select the applicable store view.
- In this term is a synonym for another search term, enter the other term in the Synonym For field. Any search for the synonym will be automatically redirected to the page for the other term.
- To redirect the search results to another page in your store, or to another website, type the full URL of the target page in the Redirect URL field.
- If you want this term to be available for use as a suggestion whenever a search returns no results, set Display in Suggested Terms to “Yes.”
- Click the Save Search button.