Adding New Links to Footer
The Footer Links block at the bottom of every page in your store is an easy way to provide access to content pages that you want to make readily available.
To update footer links:
- In the Admin Panel, select CMS > Static Blocks.
- In the list, select the Footer Links block.
- Using the editor, enter a name for your new link in the list of footer links. For example: FAQ. Although in the editor, the links are a bulleted list, the links are formatted differently when viewed in your store.
- Highlight your entry and in the editor toolbar, and click the Insert Link button.
Editor Toolbar Link Button
Then, do the following:
- In the Link URL field, enter the URL key for your page.
- In the Target field, select whether you want the page to open in the current browser window, or in a new browser window.
- In the Title field, enter a title for your link that will appear when the cursor hovers over the link.
- Using the editor, enter a name for your new link in the list of footer links. For example: FAQ.
- Click Save Block to save your changes
To find the URL key for a CMS page:
- In the Admin Panel, select CMS > Pages > Manage Content.
- Find your page in the list, and click to open the record.
The URL Key is just below the Page Title field.
Note: The URL key can be added to the footer links shown above without including the full URL. Just copy and paste the URL Key, and the system will link it accordingly.