Adding Product Images
Using images of consistent quality, size, and proportion gives your catalog that professional look and commercial appeal. Another best practice is to establish a naming convention for your files, and organize them so you can find the originals if you ever need them.
The Images tab is designed to manage images for a single product. If you have many images to upload, you will find it more efficient import them. To learn more, see: “Importing Product Images.”
Product Information: Images
To upload product images:
- If the images are to be used for only a specific store view, in the upper-left corner, set Choose Store View to identify the view where the images will be used.
- In the Product Information panel on the left, click Images.
- Click the Browse Files button, and select the product images files you want to upload to your store.
- Click the Upload Files button to upload the selected images to your store. Then for each image, do the following:
- Enter a descriptive Label for the image. This text appears on mouseover, and improves indexing by search engines.
- If using multiple images, enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field to determine the sequence in which it appears in the thumbnail gallery.
- To prevent an image from being listed in the thumbnail gallery, click the Exclude checkbox. If the product has only one image, you might prefer to exclude it from the gallery.
- To delete any image, select the Remove checkbox.
- To save your changes, but keep the product record open, click the Save and Continue Edit button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.