Adding Product Images
Using images of consistent quality, size, and proportion gives your catalog that professional look and commercial appeal. Another best practice is to establish a naming convention for your files, and organize them so you can find the originals if you ever need them.
The Images tab is designed to manage images for a single product. If you have many images to upload, you will find it more efficient import them. To learn more, see: “Importing Product Images.”
Product Information: Images
To upload product images:
- If the images are to be used for only a specific store view, in the upper-left corner, set Choose Store View to identify the view where the images will be used.
- In the Product Information panel on the left, click Images.
- Click the Browse Files button, and select the product images files you want to upload to your store.
- Click the Upload Files button to upload the selected images to your store. Then for each image, do the following:
- Enter a descriptive Label for the image. This text appears on mouseover, and improves indexing by search engines.
- If using multiple images, enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field to determine the sequence in which it appears in the thumbnail gallery.
- To prevent an image from being listed in the thumbnail gallery, click the Exclude checkbox. If the product has only one image, you might prefer to exclude it from the gallery.
- To delete any image, select the Remove checkbox.
- To save your changes, but keep the product record open, click the Save and Continue Edit button.