Your Magento Go store is set up by default to archive orders, invoices, shipments, and credit memos after thirty days. Archiving orders on a regular basis keeps your workspace free of unnecessary information, so you can focus on current orders. Invoices, shipments, and creditmemos are archived separately from orders, and can be accessed any time. You can move orders and their associated documents to the archive, or restore them to their previous state. Archives can also be exported to a CSV file and opened in Excel.
To configure the order archive:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select Sales.
- Click to expand the Orders , Invoices, Shipments, Credit Memos Archiving section. Then, do the following:
- If necessary, set Enabling Archiving to “Yes.”
Note: Archiving is set to “Yes” by default. If you later decide to turn it off, all archived orders will be restored to the previous state.
- Set Archive Orders Purchased to the number of days to wait before an order is archived. By default, this waiting period is set to thirty days.
- In the Order Statuses to be Archive list, select the order status settings you want to use to identify the orders to be archived. To select multiple items, hold the Ctrl key down and click each item. Repeat to deselect any item.
- When finished, click Save Config to save the changes.
To view archives:
- From the Admin panel, select Sales > Archive. This option is available only when archiving is enabled. Then, click to open any of the following archives:
- Next, inspect all archived documents from the table on the archives page. Alternatively, you can select one from the table to view it. You can also select multiple documents, and apply any of the following actions:
- Move to orders management
To manually archive documents:
- From the Admin panel, select Sales. Then, select the type of document you want to archive from the following:
- Credit Memos
- In the list, select the checkbox of each item you want to archive.
- In the upper-right corner, set Actions to Move to Archive.
- Click Submit to archive the selected documents.
To restore archived documents:
- From the Admin Panel, select Sales > Archive. Then, select the type of document you want to restore.
- To select all visible documents, in the upper-left corner, click Select Visible. Otherwise, manually select the checkbox of each document you want to restore.
- In the upper-right, set Action to “Move to Orders Management.”
- Click the Submit button to restore the documents.
To export archives to CSV/Excel:
- From the Admin Panel, select Sales > Archive, then, select the type of document you want to export.
- In the upper-right menu, set Export to: to one of the following:
- Click the Export button to export the archive.