The Compare Products block usually appears in the far right column, or sidebar of a category page, and provides a detailed, side-by-side comparison of two or more products. You can customize the report to include additional attributes or remove ones that you don’t want to include.
If the Compare Products block doesn’t appear in your store, it is possible that the feature has been turned off, or that your store uses a single-column layout for that particular category page. Compare Products can be enabled and disabled by changing a single setting in your system configuration.
To compare products:
- From your storefront, find the products that you want to compare, and click the Add to Compare link for each.
- In the Compare Products block in the right column, click the Compare button. The Compare Products report opens in a new window.
- To clear the Compare Products list, click the Clear All link.
To enable or disable Compare Products:
- From the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under General, select Feature.
- Click to expand the Compare Products section. Then, set Enable Compare Products to “Yes.”
- Click the Save Config button to save your setting.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.