Configurable Product: Step 2 - Create the Attribute Set
The “drop-down” attributes are included in an Attribute Set, which is used as a template to create both the Configurable product and the associated records for each product variation.
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attribute Sets. Then, click the Add New Set button.
- Assign a Name to the attribute set.
- In the Based On list, select an existing attribute set, such as “Default,” to use as a template. Then, click the Save Attribute Set button.
Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attribute Sets: Add New Set
- Starting from the list of Unassigned Attributes, drag and drop each attribute you want to use as a drop-down list to the center column. You can arrange them in any order.
- If you want to group the attributes in a new section of the Product Information panel, do the following:
- Click the Add New button.
Note: If prompted by your browser, select “Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows” to continue. Then, click the Add New button again.
- When prompted, enter a name for the new group. Then, click the OK button.
The new group appears at the bottom of the Groups column.
New Attribute Group
- Drag and drop each attribute you want to include, over to the new group.
Dragging an Attribute to a Group
- Click the Save Attribute Set button.