Configurable Product: Step 3 - Create the Configurable Product Record
The next step is to create the Configurable product record, based on the Attribute Set you prepared, and complete the basic required fields.
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Manage Products. Then, click the Add Product button.
- In the Create Product Settings section, select the Attribute Set you created to be used as a template for the product record.
Catalog > Manage Products: Add Product - Create Product Settings
- Make sure that the Use Complex Product Types checkbox is selected. Then, set Product Type to “Configurable Product,” and click the Continue button.
- Complete the Product Information as you would for a Simple product, with the following exceptions:
- On the Prices tab, the Price is required, but is used as a default price. The price of individual associated products can be adjusted as needed.
- On the Inventory tab, Manage Stock is set by default to “No,” because inventory is managed by each associated product.
- Click the Save and Continue button.