Configuration: Google API - Google Checkout Shipping
System > Configuration > Sales > Google API - Google Checkout Shipping
Use the Google API tab to configure Google Analytics, Shopping, Web Optimizer, as well as the Checkout settings.
From here, you can manage and configure the following shipping methods:
Setting the Configuration Scope
Before you continue, make sure to set the correct configuration scope, if necessary. The field descriptions in the tables below identify the scope level for each setting. For more information, see: Understanding Store Scope.
The Google Checkout Shipping - Merchant Calculated options allow you to enable and configure merchant calculated shipping for Google Checkout.
To set up merchant calculated Google Checkout shipping:
- Set Enable Merchant Calculated to Yes or No to specify whether to enable this shipping calculation method.
- Click Add Shipping Method from Allowed Methods to specify a shipping method rate.
- From the * Select shipping method drop-down menu, select the shipping method type.
- In the Default Price text field, type in the rate.
- To add more shipping methods, click Add Shipping Method again and repeat steps 3 and 4.
The Google Checkout Shipping - Carrier Calculated option allows you to enable and configure carrier-calculated shipping for Google Checkout.
To set up carrier calculated Google Checkout shipping:
- Set Enable Carrier Calculated to Yes.
- Complete the remaining fields as follows:
Carrier Calculated Method: Select the carrier calculated methods that are available to customers.
TIP: To select multiple options, hold control (CTRL) while clicking.
- Delivery Address Category: Set option to Commercial or Residential depending on the address-type of your typical customer.
- Default Price for Methods: Type in the default shipping rate.
- Default Package Width (in): Type in the default package width.
- Default Package Height (in): Type in the default package height.
- Default Package Length (in): Type in the default package length.
- Click Save Config to save changes.
The Google Checkout Shipping - Flat Rate option allows you to enable and configure flat rate shipping for Google Checkout. This option lets you define up to three different flat rate shipping options.
To set up flat rate calculated Google Checkout shipping:
- Set Enable Flat Rate to Yes or No to specify whether to enable this shipping calculation method.
- In the Rate 1 Title field, type in the flat rate shipping option title for rate 1.
- In the Rate 1 Amount field, type in the shipping rate for rate 1.
- From the Rate 1 Shipping To Applicable Countries field, specify whether to enable this shipping option for all allowed countries or only specific countries.
If you selected Specific Countries for the previous option, from the Rate 1 Ship to Specific Countries list, specify the countries that are allowed to use this shipping option.
NOTE: To make multiple selects, hold down control (CTRL) while clicking.
- Repeat the process in steps 2-5 for Rate 2 and Rate 3.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.