Payment Gateways: Authorize.Net
System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Authorize.Net
Authorize.Net is a payment gateway that gives merchants the ability to accept credit card and electronic check payments quickly and inexpensively. This article explains how to set up Authorize.Net for your Magento Go store.
For field descriptions, see Configuration: Payment Gateways - Authorize.Net
Step 1: Open an Authorize.Net Merchant Account
The first step is to establish an Authorize.Net merchant account. As you go through the process, take note of the following information, which you will need to complete the configuration in Magento Go:
- API Login ID
- Transaction Key
For more information about opening an Authorize.Net merchant account, visit their site at www.authorize.net.
Step 2: Configure Authorize.Net in Magento Go
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- From the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select Payment Methods.
- Click to expand the Authorize.Net section. Then, do the following:
- To activate this payment method, set Enabled to “Yes.”
- To enable the Authorize.Net Customer Information Manager (CIM), set Enable CIM to “Yes.”
The Authorize.Net Customer Information Manager (CIM) lets you store sensitive customer payment information on Authorize.Net’s secure servers. CIM storage simplifies the payment process for returning customers and recurring transactions, and meets the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). While CIM is enabled, 3D Secure Validation is unavailable for transactions processed with Authorize.net.
Note: To use the Customer Information Manager, make sure that CIM is included as part of your Authorize.net plan.
- Enter an appropriate Title to identify this payment method during the checkout process.
- Set Payment Action to one of the following:
- Authorize Only: After an order is submitted, Authorize.Net authorizes the transaction. Your Magento Go store administrator must log in to the merchant account on Authorize.Net to capture the transaction.
- Authorize and Capture: A payment is authorized and captured on the Authorize.Net site, and your store generates an order and invoice.
- Enter the API Login ID for your Authorize.Net merchant account
- Enter the Transaction Key for your Authorize.Net merchant account.
- If you want to email the customer when the order is processed, set Email Customer to “Yes.”
- Enter your store’s email address in the Merchant’s Email field.
- In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card which can be used with this payment method. Accepted credit card types include American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Other.
- If you want to require customers to enter a card verification code (CVC), set Credit Card Verification to “Yes.” The Card Verification Value, also known as the Card Security Code, provides an additional level of security for online transactions.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, select the countries where this payment method can be used:
- To identify transactions processed by Authorize.net, you can add a Transaction ID Prefix to the invoice number. The prefix appears with the invoice number when the order is placed, and is included in reports run from both the Admin panel and your Authorize.net merchant account. Because the prefix becomes a permanent part of the record, it should not be changed after it has been assigned.
- For an additional layer of fraud protection for your transactions, and if not already using Authorize.net CIM, set Enable 3D Secure Card Validation on Frontend to “Yes.” To learn more, see Payment Services: 3D Secure Credit Card Validation.
- In the Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total fields, enter the minimum and maximum order totals that qualify for this payment method. Orders that exactly match the minimum or maximum total, qualify to use this payment method.
- Set Test Mode to one of the following:
- To set the position of Authorize.Net in the list of payment methods that is displayed during checkout, enter a number in the Sort Order field. Enter 0 for the top of the sort order list, 1 for the second highest in the list, and so on.
- When finished, click the Save Config button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.