Check / Money Order
System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Check / Money Order
Magento Go allows you to accept payments by check and money order. By default, the Check / Money Order payment method is enabled.
To configure checks and money orders:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, click the Payment Methods tab.
- Click to expand the Check / Money Order section, and do the following:
- To activate this payment method, set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter an appropriate title to identify this payment method during the checkout process. We recommend that you use the default entry, “Check / Money Order.”
- Set New Order Status to Pending so the status of a newly generated order is “Pending” until it is processed completely.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries list, select the countries where this payment method can be used.
- In the Make Check Payable To field, enter the name of the person to whom the check will be payable.
- In the Send Check To field, enter the street address where the checks will be mailed.
- In Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total fields, specify the minimum and maximum order totals that qualify for this payment method. If an order total exactly matches the minimum or maximum limit, it qualifies for this payment method.
- In the Sort Order field, enter a number to determine the relative position of this payment method in the list of available methods that is displayed during the checkout process. (A lower value ranks higher, with 0 the highest.)
- When the configuration is complete, click the Save Config button to save the settings.
After the configuration has been saved, the Checks / Money Order option appears in the Payment Information section during the checkout process.