Configuring PayPal API Integration
Important: If you are using an API Certificate as the API Authentication Method, you will need to import a new certificate for your store by August 6, 2013. PayPal has upgraded to 2048-bit key length SSL certificates, and your certificate may be out of date. For more information, see this post from PayPal.
Some PayPal payment solutions require API credentials to establish a connection to the PayPal server. Merchants engaged in business outside of United States are required to provide API credentials if using either PayPal Express Checkout or Website Payments Pro.
To set up your PayPal API Credentials:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Payment Methods, do one of the following:
- Under Required Settings, scroll down to the Express Checkout section. Then, enter the following API credentials provided by PayPal.
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
- To retrieve your credentials from your PayPal account, click the Get Credentials from PayPal button.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.