Configuring Catalog Search
You can adjust your system configuration to determine the size of valid query text, and control the display of search terms offered as suggestions and recommendations.
To configure catalog search:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Catalog, select Catalog. Then, click to expand the Catalog Search section.
System > Configuration > Catalog: Catalog - Catalog Search
- To limit the length and word count of search query text, do the following:
- Set Minimal Query Length to the minimum number of characters that can be submitted in a query.
- Set Maximum Query Length to the maximum number of characters that can be submitted in a query.
- Set Maximum Query Words Count to the maximum number of words that can be submitted in a query.
- To offer a selection of search terms as suggestions whenever a search returns no results, do the following:
- Set Enable Search Suggestions to “Yes.”
- To display the number of times each suggested term has submitted, set Show Results Count for Each Suggestion to “Yes.”
- To offer a selection of related search terms as recommendations, set Enable Search Recommendations to “Yes.”
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.