Creating a Block
Magento Go gives you the ability to create blocks of content that can be used throughout your store. Static blocks contain content that is not subject to change, such as text or an image. Blocks can also be used with frontend apps to display dynamic information, such as product data from your catalog.
To create a block:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Static Blocks.
- Click the Add New Block button. Then, do the following:
- Assign a descriptive Block Title.
- Assign a unique Identifier to the block. The identifier is to reference the block from the code, and must be all lowercase characters, with underscores instead of spaces.
- Select the Store View(s) where this content block will be visible.
- Set Status to “Enabled” to make the block visible in the store.
- Complete the block Content. You can use the Editor to format text, create links and tables, or add images, video, and audio.
- When complete, click the Save Block button.
CMS > Static Blocks: Add New - General Information