Creating a Store View
Magento Go gives you the ability to create up to three separate views of your store. Each view can be used to target a specific language or demographic.
To create a store view:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Manage Stores.
- Click the Create Store View button to display the New Store View page.
- Under Store View Information, complete the following fields:
- Store: Select Main Store
- Name: Assign a meaningful name to the store view. As a best practice, you can use the store language. (For example, Spanish.)
- Store Code: Assign a meaningful code to identify the store.
- Status: Select Enable to activate the store view.
- Sort Order: (Optional) If you have more than one store view, enter a number to determine the sequence in which it appears when listed with other views.
- Click the Save Store View button to save your changes.
Changing the Default Store View
The Manage Stores tool allows you to choose the language to set for the primary store view. Customers will then be able to switch from the primary language to another language.
To change the default store:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Manage Stores to view a list of store views.
- Click the store view you would like to set as your default store view. Then, do the following:
- In the Root Category field, select the category to be applied as the default to all stores.
NOTE: Currently Magento Go supports only one Root Category per store. The selected Root Category becomes the default for all store views. For more information, see Creating and Configuring a Category.
- In the Default Store View field, select the name of the store view to be used as the default. The store view determines the default language of your store.
- Click the Save Store button to save your changes.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.