Customer groups give you the ability to offer different pricing and promotions to customers based upon their demographic or order history. You can use information from customer accounts, including their order history, to set up customer groups for targeted mailings and promotions.
Creating Customer Groups
You can create additional customer groups as needed. Each customer is initially assigned to one of the following default customer groups:
- Not Logged In
To create a customer group:
- From the Admin menu, select Customers > Customer Groups.
- Click the Add New Customer Group button. Then, in the Group Information
section, do the following:
- Enter a descriptive Group Name. For example: Wholesaler.
- Select an appropriate Tax Class for the group.
- Click the Save Customer Group button to save your configuration.
To add customers to the group:
- From the Admin menu, select Customers > Manage Customers.
- Click Refresh Filter to display all customer records. Then, do the following:
- Select the checkbox of each customer that you want to add to the group.
- In the upper-right corner of the list, set the Action control to “Assign a Customer Group.” Then, select the customer Group to which you want the selected customers to belong.
- When complete, click the Submit button.