Editing a Content Page
All content pages on your site use HTML tags to format the text. Unlike a word processor, Magento Go’s content editor inserts the proper codes directly into the text. Even if you don’t know HTML, you can work in the “what you see is what you get” text mode, or directly with the HTML. The Show/Hide Editor button lets you toggle between the two modes. If you don’t know HTML, you can learn some basic coding by using the editor.
The toolbar of the editor provides a rich assortment of formatting options and tools. For the complete list of toolbar buttons, see the Appendix.
To edit an existing content page:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Pages > Manage Content.
- In the Manage Pages list, click to select the page you want to edit.
- In the Page Information panel on the left, select Content. The page appears in the content editor.
CMS > Pages > Manage Content > Content
- If you prefer to work in full screen mode, click the Fullscreen button. Click the button again to return to the content editor.
- From the content editor, click the Show/Hide Editor button to view the code. Then, click the button again to return to the content editor.
Underlying HTML Code
- In the Content Heading box, type the text that you want to use as the main heading at the top of the page.
This text is tagged as HTML heading level 1 . The format of the tag is determined by the CSS stylesheet that is associated with the page. By default, the editor uses the CSS stylesheet from the current theme.
- Click the Previewbutton to see how the page appears when published to your site. Then, close the Preview window to return to the content editor.
The sample “About Us” page is based on a 1-column layout, but uses HTML to create a three-column format. If you like the layout of this page, you can carefully type over the text, without interfering with the underlying code.
- Complete your content, using the formatting buttons in the toolbar, as you would with any text editor.
- Because this page is live on your site, make sure to click the Preview button to check the content and formatting before saving your changes. Then, close the Preview window to return to the content editor.
- When the page is complete, click the Save button. The updated page is immediately published to your store.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.