How to Embed a Video
There are several ways to embed videos on any page in your Magento Go store. They can be added directly on to a content page, embedded in a static block and placed on a product or category page, or placed on all pages using Frontend Apps.
Note: This article assumes you already have the HTML code for the video you wish to embed on your store. If you are using a video you have uploaded to YouTube, this code can be retrieved from the YouTube video page. Below the video, click the Share button, then click Embed to display the HTML code.
To embed video on a content page:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Pages > Manage Content.
- Select the page to edit from the pages table list.
- Select the Content tab in the left panel.
- Click the Show/ Hide Editor button to display the HTML code.
- Paste the embed code in the content box.
Note: The video’s position on the page will depend on where you paste this code relative to other content. You can manipulate it’s presentation on your page using HTML and CSS.
- Click the Save Page button to save your changes.
Note: For more information on creating CMS Pages refer to Managing CMS Pages.
To embed video in a static block:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Static Blocks.
- Click the Add New Block button.
- Click the Show/Hide Editor button to display the HTML code.
- Paste the embed code into the content box.
- Click the Save Block button to save your changes.
Note: For more information on creating a static block refer to Using CMS Static Blocks as well as How to Place a Static Block Using Frontend Apps, to learn how to place it.
To embed video on a product page:
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Manage Products.
- Select a product to add this embed into from the products table list.
- Select the Description tab in the left panel.
- Paste the embed code into either the Description field or the Short Description field.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Note: For more information on creating a product refer to Create a Simple Product.
Video: How to Embed a Video in Your Store
Using CMS Static Blocks
How to Place a Static Block Using Frontend Apps
Managing CMS Pages
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.