Store Credit and Refunds
When a customer returns a product, the amount can either be refunded to the customer‘s credit card, or applied to the balance of the customer‘s account with your store. Store credit balances can be added, changed, and reset from the Admin panel.
Before processing a refund, some payment providers may require a waiting period of up to 24-48 hours after the order is placed.
To manage a customer’s store credit balance:
- From the Admin menu, select Customers > Manage Customers.
- Find the customer in the list, and click to open the record.
- In the panel on the left, select Store Credit.
The Store Credit Balance panel displays the customer’s current credit balance.
- To reset the credit balance to $0.00, do the following:
- If necessary, set Website to the store view.
- In the Update Balance field, type the current credit balance, preceded by a negative sign. For this example, the customer has a $45.00 current credit balance, so the value entered is: $-45.00.
- Select the Notify Customer by Email checkbox to notify the customer of the credit change. Then, select the Email Notification template to use for the message.
- In the Comment field, enter any additional information you want to include in the message.
- When complete, click Save and Continue Edit button to apply the update. When the page is refreshed, the Store Credit Balance reflects the change.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.