Importing Product or Customer Information
System > Import / Export > Import
If you have more than a handful of customers or products, you don’t need to spend a lot of time creating records for them one by one. With Magento Go’s Import tool, you can upload a file that contains the records for as many customers or products as you want.
The file that you upload must be in Comma-Separated Values (CSV) format. If you use a Mac, save the CSV as CSV (Windows) file type. Most spreadsheet and database applications can create CSV files. CSV files must have specific characteristics in order to be imported. See Working with Product CSV Files for more information. The total size of uploadable files cannot exceed 110M.
Note: If this is the first time you are importing your products or customers to your Magento Go store, export a sample template to use to format your product or customer records using your favorite spreadsheet. To learn more, see Exporting Product or Customer Information.
To import a product or customer CSV file:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Import/Export > Import.
- Under Import Settings, set Entity Type and Import Behavior using the following information:
Complex data that is available for import includes categories, websites, custom options, tier prices, related products, up-sells, cross-sells, associated prodcts, and product images.
Note: Data for grouped, bundle and gift card product types cannot be imported into your catalog.
- Append Complex Data: Appends new complex data to your store’s database. If you upload complex data that already included in your store’s database, your data is duplicated.
- Replace Existing Complex Data: Replaces your existing complex data of your products.
- Delete Entities: Deletes your products from the database.
||Complex data that is available for import includes customer addresses.
- Append Complex Data: Appends new complex data to your store’s database. If you upload complex data that is already included in your store’s database, your data is duplicated.
- Replace Existing Complex Data: Replaces your existing complex data for your customers.
- Delete Entities: Deletes your customers from the database.
- Browse to locate the CSV file in your file system.
Note: The total size of uploadable files must not exceed 110M and must be saved with UTF-8 encoding. Check your spreadsheet or database application documentation for information about saving a CSV file with UTF-8 encoding.
- Click the Check Data button to validate the uploaded file.
- Check the Validation Results box for file validation information. You might need to fix errors and upload your file again until all errors are resolved.
- When you have a validated file, import your products or customers by clicking Import. The following notification appears:
- To confirm a successful import, from the Admin Panel, select System > Tasks Notifications. A successful import generates a notification confirming the customer or product import.
- To see all the new or edited products that have been imported to your store, navigate to Catalog > Manage Products.
- To see all the new or edited customers that have been imported to your store, navigate to Customers > Manage Customers.