Managing Stock for Configurable Products
By default, Manage Stock is turned off for a configurable product, because the inventory is managed through each associated product. However, at times it may be necessary to apply inventory settings to a configurable product as a whole, such as to set quantity increments and change the stock availability.
To enable quantity increments:
- On the Inventory tab of the configurable product, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox, and set Manage Stock to “Yes.” The Enable Qty Increments field appears.
- To sell the product in quantity increments, do the following:
- Below the Enable Qty Increments field, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox. Then, set Enable Qty Increments to “Yes.”
- In the Qty Increments field, enter the number of products that you want to sell together as a single batch.
To set the product as “Out of Stock:”
- On the Inventory tab of the configurable product, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox, and set Manage Stock to “Yes.” The Stock Availability field appears.
- To temporarily remove the product from sale, set Stock Availability to “Out of Stock.”
- When you are ready to offer the product for sale, set Stock Availability to “In Stock.”
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.