Minimum Advertised Price (MAP)
Merchants are sometimes prohibited from displaying a price that is lower than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). Magento Go’s Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) gives you the ability to remain in compliance with the manufacturer’s requirements, while offering your customers a better price. Because requirements differ from one manufacturer to another, you can configure your store to prevent the display of your actual price on pages where it is not allowed to appear according to the terms of the manufacturer.
There are a variety of configuration options that you can use to remain in compliance with the terms of your agreement with the manufacturer, while still offering your customers a better price. Your store’s MAP settings can be applied to all products in your catalog, or configured for only specific products.
In this article, you will learn how to:
“Click for Price” on Product View Page
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration. Then in the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select Sales.
- Click to expand the Minimum Advertised Price section, and do the following:
- To activate MAP, set Enable MAP to “Yes.”
- Set Apply MAP (Default Value) to one of the following:
To determine when and where you want your actual price to be visible to the customer, set Display Actual Price to one of the following:
- To apply MAP to certain products, select “No.”
- To apply MAP, by default, to all products and hide all prices throughout your store, select “Yes.”
If the actual price is set to appear “On Gesture,“ edit the text, as needed, for each popup.
When complete, click the Save Config button.
- In Cart
- Before Order Confirmation
- On Gesture
Minimum Advertised Price Configuration
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration > Sales > Sales, and make the following configuration settings in the Minimum Advertised Price section:
- Set Enable MAP to “Yes.”
- Set Apply MAP (Default Value) to “No.”
- Complete the remaining settings as needed. Then, click the Save Config button.
- Select Catalog > Manage Products, and open the product record.
- In the Product Information panel on the left, click Prices. Then, do the following:
- In the Price field, enter your price that is lower than the manufacturer’s minimum advertised price.
- Set Apply MAP to “Yes.”
- Set Display Actual Price according to your preference.
- Enter the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price.
- When complete, click the Save button.
||Activates Minimum Advertised Price for your store. Options include: Yes / No
|Apply MAP (Default Value)
Applies MAP by default to all products in the store. Options include:
||Initially hides all prices in the store, and displays them according to the Display Actual Price setting.
||Does not apply MAP to all products, by default. If MAP is enabled, it can still be applied to products individually.
|Display Actual Price
Determines where the actual price of a product is visible to the customer.Options include:
||Displays the actual product price in the shopping cart.
|Before Order Confirmation
||Displays the actual product price at the end of the checkout process, just before the order is confirmed.
||Displays the actual product price in a popup when the customer clicks the “Click for price” or What’s this?” link.
|Default Popup Text Message
The popup text message that appears when the customer selects the “Click for price” link from a category list or product view page.
|Default “What’s This” Text Message
The popup text message that appears when the customer clicks the “What’s This” link from the product view page.