New Account Opt-In
It is a best practice to require that customers “opt-in,” to ensure that the account is associated with an actual person. Magento Go gives you the option to require that customers “opt-in” by clicking a confirmation link in an email message before their accounts become active.
To require that customers “opt-in” for an account:
- From the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Customer, select Customer
- Click to expand the Create New Account Options section. Then, do the following:
- Set Require Emails Confirmation to “Yes.”
- Set Confirmation Link Email to the template you want to use for confirmation
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.