Orders and Returns Block
The Orders and Returns block is a convenient way for your customers to access information that is related to any order they have placed with your store, or credit they may have with your store for products returned. The result is exactly the same as when the customer clicks the Orders and Returns link in the footer of your store. However, unlike the full-page form, the Orders and Returns block is a smaller version of the form that is always available in the sidebar of your store. To learn how to use the form, see: Orders and Returns.
As one of your store’s built-in blocks, the location and position of the Orders and Returns block can be set with the Layout Editor. For more control over the placement of the block, you can use the Frontend App tool.
Orders and Returns Block
To place the block with the Layout Editor:
Note: Before launching the Layout Editor, make sure that your browser is set to allow popups.
- From the Admin panel, select Design > Layout Editor.
- Click the Launch button.
Launching the Layout Editor
- From the Layout Editor, navigate to the page where you want to place the block, and click the Add Block button.
- In the Add Block list, select the Orders block, and click the Add button. Then, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the Add Block list.
The block appears outlined in its default position on the page.
Adding a Block
- To save the changes, click the Apply Changes button.
- When prompted to refresh the search index, select Catalog > Search Index, and click the Refresh Index button.
To place the block with the Frontend App tool:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Frontend Apps.
- Click the Add New Frontend App Instance button.
- In the Settings section, set Type to “Orders and Returns.” Then, click the Continue button.
Frontend App Type
- In the Frontend Properties section, do the following:
- Enter a descriptive Frontend App Instance Title. The title is for internal reference and is not visible to customers in your store.
- (Optional) Enter a Sort Order number to determine the order of this block in relation to other blocks in the same column. To position the block at the top of the column, enter “0.”
- In the Layout Updates section, click the Add Layout Update button. Then, do the following:
- In the Display On field, select the type of page where you want to block to appear. For the home page, select “Specified Page.”
- In the Page field, for the home page, select “CMS Home Page.”
- Set Block Reference to the position on the page where you want the block to appear.
Note: Where you can place blocks depends on the page layout of your theme, and any customizations made to the design. To learn more, see Page Layout and Content Blocks.
Frontend App – Layout Updates
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Working with Frontend Apps
Using the Layout Editor
Issuing Store Credit
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.