Payment Gateways: First Data Global Gateway Web Service API
The First Data Global Gateway Web Service API enables full-featured, highly secure and reliable eCommerce Web sites and custom retail implementations, and includes tax and shipping calculators.
After you integrate the Global Gateway API payment module into your Magento Go store, when your customers purchase items from your store all payment details are processed automatically. The Global Gateway Connect service passes information from your website to the First Data Global Gateway through an order form. The Global Gateway Connect service collects the customer’s secure transaction information (for example, credit card number and expiration date) and processes the secure transaction for you on their secure Web server. You can then review transaction activity by visiting the Global Gateway Virtual Terminal.
Step 1: Open a First Data Global Gateway Web Service Merchant Account
The first step is to establish a First Data Global Gateway Web Service merchant account. As you go through the process, take note of the following information, which you will need to complete the configuration in Magento Go:
- Digital certificate: A file that you download from the First Data software download center.
A digital certificate is a key used on the Internet to identify a company or organization and secure transactions between two parties. When you sign up for the Global Gateway API service, you receive a digital certificate. The Global Gateway API software uses this certificate to send SSL-secured payment transactions to the gateway service.
For more information about opening a First Data Global Gateway merchant account, visit their site at www.firstdata.com.
Step 2: Configure First Data Global Gateway Web Service API in Magento Go
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- From the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Payment Methods tab.
- Expand the First Data Global Gateway Web Service API section. Then, do the following:
- To activate this payment method, set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter an appropriate title to identify this payment method during the checkout process of your Magento Go store.
- Choose the Certificate file that you downloaded from the First Data software download center.
- Optional: Enter a Transaction ID prefix. If you do this, it is recommended that you assign the transaction ID prefix once only and avoid changing it in the future.
- Do one of the following:
- When you are ready to test the configuration and process test transactions, set Test Mode to Yes.
- When you are ready to “go live” with the First Data Global Gateway Web Service payment gateway, set Test Mode to No.
- To record the details of all exchanges between your Magento Go store and the First Data Global Gateway Web Service payment gateway in a log file, set Debug to Yes.
NOTE: In accordance with PCI Data Security Standards, credit card information is not recorded in the log file.
- Set Payment Action to one of the following:
- Authorize Only: After an order is submitted, First Data Global Gateway Web Service authorizes the transaction. Your Magento Go store administrator must log in to the merchant account for First Data Global Gateway Web Service to capture the transaction.
- Authorize and Capture: A payment is authorized and captured on the First Data Global Gateway Web Service site, and the back-end of your Magento Go store generates an order and an invoice.
- In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card that can be used with this payment method. Accepted credit card types include American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and JCB.
- If you want to require customers to enter a card verification code (CVC), set Credit Card Verification to Yes. The Card Verification Value, also known as the Card Security Code, provides an additional level of security for online transactions.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, select the countries where this payment method can be used:
- To set the position of First Data Global Gateway Web Service in the list of payment methods that is displayed during checkout, enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field. Enter 0 for the top of the sort order list, 1 for the second highest in the list, and so on.
- When finished, click the Save Config button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.