Payment Methods: Cash On Delivery Payment
System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Cash On Delivery Payment
Magento Go allows you to accept payments from your customers with cash on delivery. With a cash on delivery payment option, also called “collect on delivery,” the customer doesn’t pay until the product is delivered.
To enable cash on delivery payment method:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- From the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Payment Methods tab.
- Click to expand the Cash on Delivery section. Then, do the following:
- To activate this payment method, set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter an appropriate title to identify this payment method during the checkout process of your Magento Go store.
- Set New Order Status to Pending so that new generated orders are appropriately defined as Pending in their status until they are processed completely.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, select the countries where this payment method can be used:
- In the Instructions field, you enter any specific instructions for customers to follow with regards to the cash on delivery payment.
- In the Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total fields, specify the minimum and maximum order totals that qualify for this payment method. If an order exactly matches the minimum or maximum total, it qualifies for this payment method.
- To set the position of Cash on Delivery in the list of payment methods that is displayed during checkout, enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field. Enter 0 for the top of the sort order list, 1 for the second highest in the list, and so on.
- When finished, click Save Config.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.