Payment Gateways: CyberSource (SOAP Toolkit)
CyberSource offers global payment services from businesses of all sizes. CyberSource also owns the Authorize.Net service, which is designed specifically for businesses with less than $3M in annual online sales. This article explains how to configure the CyberSource SOAP Toolkit for use with your Magento Go store.
For field description, see Payment Gateways: CyberSource SOAP Toolkit.
Step 1: Open a CyberSource merchant account
The first step is to establish a CyberSource merchant account. For more information, visit the CyberSource Support Center.
Step 2: Generate a Security Key
A transaction security key must be generated before you can configure the CyberSource SOAP Toolkit for your Magento Go store.
- Log in to the CyberSource Business Center.
- In the left panel, click Account Management. Then, click Transaction Security Keys and do the following:
- Select Security Keys for the SOAP Toolkit API.
- Click Generate Key.
- As soon as the transaction security key is generated, copy it and save in a convenient place where you can refer to it during the configuration of your store.
Step 3: Configure CyberSource for your Store
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- On the Payment Methods tab, click to expand the CyberSource (SOAP Toolkit) section. Then, do the following:
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter the name for this payment method that customers will see during checkout. By default, the title is set to: Credit Card (Cybersource).
- In the Merchant ID field, enter the Merchant ID or User Name, that is associated with your CyberSource merchant account.
- In the Security Key field, paste the transaction security key that was generated in Step 2.
- In the Merchant’s Email field, enter the email address that is associated with your CyberSource merchant account.
- Set Email Customer to one of the following:
Yes: To send the customer an Email Receipt for each transaction processed by the Virtual Terminal.
No: To not send the customer an Email Receipt for each transaction processed by the Virtual Terminal.
NOTE: This setting has no effect on transactional email messages sent from your Magento Go store.
- Set Payment Action to one of the following:
- Authorization: To authorize the transaction but not transfer funds to your account.
- Sale: To authorize the transaction and also transfer funds to your account.
- In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card that can be used in your store with this payment method.
- If you want to require that customers enter a card verification code (CVC), set Credit Card Verification to Yes.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries list, do one of the following:
- Select All Allowed Countries.
- Select Specific Countries. Then in the Payment from Specific Countries list, select each country where the CyberSource payment method will be accepted.
- If you will accept payments from Japanese customers, set Enable Japanese Payment Options to Yes, then:
- Select a JPO Payment Method from the drop-down menu. Options include Single payment, Bonus payment, Installment, and Revolving payment
- If you selected Installment, set the maximum number of installment payments allowed in the Maximum Number of Installment Payments field.
- Next, do one of the following:
- If you are ready to test the configuration and process test transactions, set Test Mode to Yes.
- When you have completed any necessary testing and are ready to “go live” with the CyberSource payment method, set Test Mode to No.
- To record the details of all exchanges between your Magento Go store and the CyberSource payment system in a log file, set Debug to Yes.
NOTE: In accordance with PCI Data Security Standards, credit card information is not recorded in the log file.
- To determine the position of CyberSource in the list of payment methods that is displayed during checkout, enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field.
- When finished, click the Save Config button to save the settings.
Using a CyberSource Test Account
A CyberSource Test Account gives you the opportunity to become familiar with the entire payment process and run test transactions without making changes to your Magento Go store or to your CyberSource merchant account. After registering for a CyberSource Test Account, set Test Mode to Yes when you are ready to begin testing.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.