Payment Services: Kount Fraud Detection
System > Configuration > Sales > Payment Services > Kount Fraud Detection
The Kount Fraud Detection service targets Internet fraud by detecting networks of programs that have been designed to defraud online merchants. The application detects fraud related to credit cards, checks, and PayPal, and then tracks the transactions, so that illegal or suspect ?nancial activity can be stopped. As the merchant, you set up credit card validation rules in the Kount system to monitor transactions related to your online store.
For field descriptions, see Configuration: Payment Services - Kount Fraud Detection.
Step 1: Open a Kount Fraud Detection merchant account
The first step is to establish a Kount Fraud Detection merchant account. As you go through the process, take note of the following information, which you will need to complete the configuration in Magento Go:
- Kount Merchant ID
- Certificate Password
For more information about opening a merchant account, visit Kount’s website.
Step 2: Configure Kount Fraud Detection for your store
- From the Admin panel of Magento Go, select System > Configuration > Payment Services.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, click the Payment Services tab. Click to expand the Kount Fraud Detection section, and do the following:
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Enter your Kount Merchant ID from your Kount Fraud Detection merchant account.
- In the RIS Certificate field, select the RIS (Risk Inquiry System) certificate to upload. This is the RIS Certificate File that is requested in the Kount Agent Web Console (AWC). If a file is not uploaded, the generic Kount Certificate is used.
- In the Certificate Password field, enter the password for the RIS Certificate.
- Set Test Mode to Yes or No.
- In the Whitelist field, type in any IP Addresses which are permitted to use the Kount Fraud Detection system while it’s in Test Mode.
- The Current IP field displays the IP address of the computer you’re accessing this from. If you wish to exempt yourself from Test Mode, copy and paste this IP address in the Whitelist field.
- When finished, click the Save Config button to save the settings.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.