You can preview any theme using actual content from your store, without interrupting the operation of your site. While in Preview mode, you can explore each menu and option. Make sure to examine every page to see how items are arranged within the space.
It is important to note that the thumbnail image provides an example of the general style and layout of the theme. However, to achieve the exact same look, you may need to add custom images and update the CSS.
Note: To preview a theme, your browser must be set to allow pop-ups.
To preview a theme:
- From the Admin panel, select Design > Themes Editor.
Design > Themes Editor
- Click the Preview link below the thumbnail image of any theme. A preview window opens to show how the theme looks when applied to your store.
Design >Previewing the “Texture” Theme
- To try a different theme, select its name from the Change Theme list in the upper-left corner of the page, and click the Change Theme button.
- To close the preview window, click the Quit Preview button at the top of the page.
- When you find a theme you want to try, make a copy that you can edit.
- Click the Duplicate link below the thumbnail image of the theme you want to copy.
- Enter a new Theme Name and Description if you like, and click the Save button.
A new copy of the theme you have chosen, called by the name you have assigned, appears in the left column under My Customizations. This is now your working copy of the theme.