Setting Up Google Checkout
System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Checkout
Magento Go allows you to integrate your store with Google Checkout. With Google Checkout, customers can pay for purchases in their shopping cart using the Google Checkout payment processing system.
For field descriptions, see Configuration: Google API - Google Checkout.
Step 1: Open a Google Checkout Merchant Account
The first step is to establish a Google Checkout merchant account. As you go through the process, take note of your account credentials, which you need to complete the configuration in Magento Go. To find your account credentials, open your Google Account and go to Settings > Integration.
For more information about opening a Google Checkout merchant account for your Magento Go store, see the Google Checkout website.
Step 2: Configure Google Checkout in Magento Go
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- From the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab.
- Expand the Google API section. Then, do the following:
- To activate this payment method, set Enabled to Yes.
- In the Title field, enter an appropriate title to identify this payment method during the checkout process of your Magento Go store.
- Specify whether you are in Sandbox (test) mode or production mode for the Google Checkout payment method. When you set Sandbox to Yes, test mode lets you test the integration of Magento Go with the Google Checkout payment system. When you select No, the payment account is in production mode (live).
- Set Secure Callback URL to Yes to enable real-time secure transmission of order information from your Magento Go checkout to Google’s payment processing system.
NOTE: This option must be set to Yes for live Google Checkout transactions.
- To record the details of all exchanges between your Magento Go store and the Google Checkout payment system in a log file, set Debug to Yes.
NOTE: In accordance with PCI Data Security Standards, credit card information is not recorded in the log file.
Enter the following information from your Google Checkout merchant account:
- Merchant ID: This option can be found on Google Checkout website at Settings > Integration.
- Merchant Key: A unique code that Google uses to secure communication between Google and your Magento Go store. This code verifies the integrity of any messages exchanged between your Magento Go store and the Google Checkout system. This can be any URL, or any CMS page, product page, or catalog page in your Magento Go store. If left blank, the customer is redirected to the home page.
- Choose a Checkout Image Style from the available list. For more information, see the Google Checkout Buttons page.
- Select the Location for Google Checkout from the list of available options.
- Specify how you want processed orders to be identified in the New Order Status field. (This setting is visible to the customer as well as you, the merchant.) This option does not set any limitations on the transaction; it is for identification purposes only.
- Optional: You can specify a Continue Shopping URL where customers are redirected if they click the Continue Shopping link. If you leave this field blank, the URL redirects to your Magento Go store’s home page.
- To hide shopping cart contents after the Google Checkout button is clicked, set Hide Cart Contents to Yes. (Shopping cart contents become visible again if customers click Edit Cart.)
- If your checkout request is being cut off because it is too big, set Disable Default Tax Tables to Yes.
- To use the shipping rates from your Google account, set Enable using shipping rates from Google Account to “Yes.”
Note: Using Google shipping rates disables the shipping calculations for other methods.
- When finished, click the Save Config button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.