Setting Up Google Shopping
System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Shopping
Google Shopping helps people find and compare products they want to buy online. This article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up Google Shopping for your Magento Go store. When you have completed the initial setup, see: Publishing Products to Google Content.
For field descriptions, see: Configuration: Google API - Google Shopping
To obtain your Google credentials:
- Log in to your Google account.
- To access your account, click the name or logo in the upper right corner. Then click Account.
- In the menu on the left, select Security. Then do the following:
- Under 2-Step Verification, click Settings. Then, follow the instructions to enable this feature.
- When prompted to generate a password for external applications, generate a password for your Magento Go store. You may need to generate passwords for other applications, as well.
- You will need this password to complete the configuration of your store.
To set up Google Shopping:
Note: To upload products to Google Shopping, you must first create a Google Adwords account and link it to Google Shopping through your Google Merchant account.
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab.
- Click to expand the Google Shopping section. Then, do the following:
- Complete the following fields with your Google credentials:
- Account ID
- Account Login
- Account Password
- Set Account Type to the account you want to use to authenticate your connection to Google Shopping. Options include:
- Hosted or Google
- Set Target Country to the country where your business is located.
- If you want Google Shoppping items to be updated when you make changes to your catalog, set Update Google Shopping Item when Product is Updated to “Yes.”
- If you want to keep a log file of all transactions with Google Shopping, set Debug to “Yes.”
- In the Destinations section, specify the Google Shopping locatations where you want your products to be available. For eacha item, options include: Default / Required / Excluded
- Google Product Search
- Product Ads
- Commerce Search
- The Google Product Taxonomy section is used to map your products with Google Attribute Mapping. To retrieve the latest information, click the Update Google Taxonomy button.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.
Set Up Google Content Attributes:
After completing the configuration, set up your Google Content Attributes.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.