Setting Up Google Shopping
System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Shopping
Google Shopping helps people find and compare products they want to buy online. This article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up Google Shopping for your Magento Go store. When you have completed the initial setup, see: Publishing Products to Google Content.
For field descriptions, see: Configuration: Google API - Google Shopping
To obtain your Google credentials:
- Log in to your Google account.
- To access your account, click the name or logo in the upper right corner. Then click Account.
- In the menu on the left, select Security. Then do the following:
- Under 2-Step Verification, click Settings. Then, follow the instructions to enable this feature.
- When prompted to generate a password for external applications, generate a password for your Magento Go store. You may need to generate passwords for other applications, as well.
- You will need this password to complete the configuration of your store.
To set up Google Shopping:
Note: To upload products to Google Shopping, you must first create a Google Adwords account and link it to Google Shopping through your Google Merchant account.
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab.
- Click to expand the Google Shopping section. Then, do the following:
- Complete the following fields with your Google credentials:
- Account ID
- Account Login
- Account Password
- Set Account Type to the account you want to use to authenticate your connection to Google Shopping. Options include:
- Hosted or Google
- Set Target Country to the country where your business is located.
- If you want Google Shoppping items to be updated when you make changes to your catalog, set Update Google Shopping Item when Product is Updated to “Yes.”
- If you want to keep a log file of all transactions with Google Shopping, set Debug to “Yes.”
- In the Destinations section, specify the Google Shopping locatations where you want your products to be available. For eacha item, options include: Default / Required / Excluded
- Google Product Search
- Product Ads
- Commerce Search
- The Google Product Taxonomy section is used to map your products with Google Attribute Mapping. To retrieve the latest information, click the Update Google Taxonomy button.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.
Set Up Google Content Attributes:
After completing the configuration, set up your Google Content Attributes.