Setting Up Subscription Options
Magento Go manages your list of subscribers and includes a standard set of newsletter notification templates, including a confirmation template to confirm requests to subscribe or unsubscribe. You should preview each template, and make any changes necessary to keep the message consistent with your voice and brand.
Newsletter Subscription Options
Step 1: Complete the Newsletter Settings for Your Store
For field descriptions, see: Configuration: Customers - Newsletter Subscription Options.
- From the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Customers, select Newsletter.
- Click to expand the Subscription Options section, and do the following:
- To require that each subscription be confirmed by email, set Need to Confirm to
The double opt-in technique is a protection for both you and your customers. By requiring subscribers to confirm twice, it reduces the number of customers who might consider your newsletter to be spam.
- To let visitors subscribe to your newsletter without opening an account, set Allow Guest Subscription to “Yes.”
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
Step 2: Preview the Newsletter Confirmation Template
When complete, click the Save Template button.
- From the Admin menu, select System > Transactional Emails.
Transactional Email Templates
- Set Template to “Newsletter Subscription Confirmation.” Then, click the Load Template
- Click the Preview button to open the template in a new window.
- To edit the template, do the following:
- Enter a new Template Name.
- Make any changes necessary to the Template Content.
Newsletter Confirmation Email Template Code
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.