Setting Up Table Rate Shipping
System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods >Table Rate
This article explains how to set up the Table Rate shipping method for your Magento Go store. The Table Rate shipping method lets you calculate shipping rates based on the combination of several conditions. The rate can be calculated based on either Weight v. Destination, Price v. Destination, or # of Items v. Destination. For example, if your warehouse is in Los Angeles, it costs less to ship to San Diego than to Vermont. Table rate shipping lets you pass these savings on to your customer.
For field descriptions, see Configure: Shipping Methods - Table Rate.
Setting the Configuration Scope
Before you continue, make sure to set the correct configuration scope, if necessary. The field descriptions in the tables below identify the scope level for each setting. For more information, see: Understanding Store Scope.
Table Rate Settings
To set up table rate shipping:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, select the Shipping Methods tab.
- Click to expand the Table Rate section. Then, do the following:
- Set Enable to Yes.
- Complete the remaining fields as follows:
- Title: Type in the name of this shipping option as it will appear in checkout.
- Method Name: Type in the shipping method type to describe the shipping rate calculation method (i.e. Table Rate).
- Condition: Select which aspects of the order will be used to determine the shipping rate.
- Export: Click the Export CSV button to export the empty table rates CSV file that you will fill in with the shipping rates.
- Include Virtual Products in Price Calculation: Set to Yes or No to specify whether to use table rate shipping calculations for virtual products.
- Import: Click Browse to select the modified table rate CSV file to import back into Magento Go.
- Calculate Handling Fee: Select how to calculate handling (Percent of Fixed).
- Handling Fee: Type in the handling rate or percentage, depending on the option you selected for Calculate Handling Fee.
- Displayed Error Message: Type in the error message that is displayed when this shipping option is not available.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: Specify whether this shipping option is available for customers from all allowed countries or only specified countries.
- Ship to Specific Countries: Specify which countries customers are allowed to use this shipping method to. Skip this step if All Allowed Countries is selected.
- Sort Order: Type in the number value relative to other shipping methods to determine its order in the payment methods list.
- Click the Save Config button to save your changes.
After you have configured Table Rate shipping, go through the payment process using a different country address each time to make sure the shipping and handling rates are correct.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.