Activating Web Services
Web Services give you the ability to integrate with third-party applications by granting them permission to access specific store resources and data.
Step 1: Create a Web Service Role
- From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > Roles.
Web Services - Roles
- Click the Add New Role button.
- In the Role Information section, enter a Role Name such as “API.”
- In the panel on the left, select Role Resources. Then do one of the following:
- To enable full access to customer, catalog, and sales information, set Resource Access to “All.”
- To provide limited access to data, set Resource Access to “Custom.” Then, select the checkbox of each resource that is available to this role.
- By default, when a area is selected, full access is granted. You can accept the default, specify the actions that a person is allowed to take. Specific types of access are listed under many of the resource links, so it is easy to determine exactly what a user is allowed to do with each resource.
- When complete, click the Save Role button.
Step 2: Create a Web Service User
- From the Admin menu, select Web Services > Users.
- Click the Add New User button.
- Complete the following fields:
- User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- In the API Key field, enter a verification key or password. This is the credential that third-party web services must use to access your Magento Go store.
- To confirm, re-enter the key in the API Key Confirmation field.
- In the panel on the left, select User Role. Then, select a Role for the user.
- When complete, click the Save User button.
Step 3: Add Custom Scripts to Your Store
Magento Go API Refererence
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.