Shipping an Order
Most packages that are shipped include both an invoice and packing slip. The invoice
provides a permanent record of the order, including any payment made and balance
due. For orders with partial shipments, a separate invoice is generated for each
shipment, and the packing slip lists the contents of each package. For your convenience,
the invoice and packing slip can be generated at the same time.
The invoice for a single order, or for a batch of orders, can be generated from the Admin
panel. However, some payment methods generate the invoice automatically when
payment is authorized and captured. The payment method determines which invoicing
options can be used for the order.
To generate an invoice with packing slip:
- From the Admin menu, select Sales > Orders.
- In the Orders list, select the checkbox of the order to be invoiced. Then, do the following:
- In the Action column, click View.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Invoice button. The new invoice page looks
similar to a completed order page, with additional fields that can be edited.
The Invoice button does not appear for orders placed with the “Authorize and Capture”
- If the items are ready to ship, you can create a packing slip for the shipment at the same
time you create the invoice. To create a packing slip, do the following:
- Select the Create Shipment checkbox in the Shipping Information section.
- To include a tracking number, click the Add Tracking Number button and enter the
Carrier, Title, and Number.
- In the Items to Invoice section, you can specify if the invoice is for the entire order,
or for specific items or quantities.
- If an online payment method was used for the order, select the appropriate option from
the Amount list box.
- To notify customers by email when an invoice is generated, do the following:
- Select the Email Copy of Invoice checkbox.
- Enter any comments you would like to include in the Invoice Comments field. To
include the comments in the notification email, select the Append Comments
- To send a copy of the invoice email to yourself, enter your email address in the Send
Invoice Email Copy To field. The status of an invoice email appears next to the
invoice number of the completed invoice as either sent or not sent.
- When complete, click the Submit Invoice button at the bottom of the page. The status of
the order changes from “Pending” to “Complete.”
Viewing the Shipment Detail
The shipment record contains a detailed history of the fulfillment process associated
with the order. Partial shipments can be made until the order is fulfilled.
To view the shipment detail:
- From the Admin menu, select Sales > Shipments.
- Find the shipment in the list, and click to open the record.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.