Setting Up UPS
System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > UPS
United Parcel Service offers domestic and international shipping services by land and air to more than 220 countries. This article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the UPS shipping method for your Magento Go store.
For field descriptions, see: Configuration: Shipping Methods - UPS
Step 1: Open a Shipping Account
To offer this shipping method to your customers, you must first open an account with UPS.
Step 2: Configure Your Store
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under Sales, click Shipping Methods.
- Click to expand the UPS section. Set Enabled to “Yes.”
- Set UPS Type to one of the following:
- Complete the remaining fields as follows:
- In the Title field, type the name of this shipping option as it will appear in checkout. By default, this field is set to “United Parcel Service.”
- In the Container field, specify the typical packaging type that is used for shipment.
- Set Destination Type to one of the following:
|Residential||Most shipments are business to consumer (B2C).
|Commercial||Most shipments are business to business (B2B).
|Define Automatically||UPS determines the destination type as either residential or commercial, and uses the appropriate rate from the merchant’s UPS account during checkout.
- Set Weight Unit to the system you use to measure product weight. The weight system supported by UPS varies by country. If in doubt, ask UPS which weight system you should use. Options include:
- Set Pickup Method to one of the following:
- Regular Daily Pickup
- On Call Air
- One Time Pickup
- Letter Center
- Customer Counter
- Set Minimum Package Weight and Maximum Package Weight and to the amounts supported by UPS.
The weight is based on the standard unit of measurement used by shipping carriers in your locale. In the United States, the weight is represented in ounces and pounds.
- Set Calculate Handling Fee to one of the following:
|Fixed||Calculates shipping based on a fixed rate.
|Percent||Calculates shipping based on a percentage of the order amount.
- Set Handling Applied to one of the following:
- In the Allowed Methods list, select each UPS method offered to your customers. The methods appear under UPS during checkout. (Hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple options).
- Set Free Method to the UPS service you want to use for offers of free shipping. Then, set the Free Shipping with Minimum Order Amount to one of the following:
|Enable||Offers free shipping based on a minimum order. When prompted, enter the Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping.
|Disable||Does not offer a free shipping based on a minimum order.
- In the Displayed Error Message box, type the message customers see if UPS shipping becomes unavailable.
- Set Ship to Applicable Countries to one of the following:
- All Allowed Countries
- Specific Countries
If applicable, set Ship to Specific Countries to each country where your customers are allowed to ship by UPS. (Hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple options.)
- To create a log file with the details of UPS shipments made from your store, set Debug to “Yes.”
- Set Show Method if Not Applicable to one of the following:
|Yes||Lists all UPS shipping methods to customers, regardless of their availability.
|No||Lists only the methods which are available to customers.
- In the Sort Order field, type a numeric value to determine the order in which UPS appears when listed with other shipping methods during checkout. The number with the highest priority is 0, which puts it at the top of the list.
- When the configuration is complete, click the Save Config button to save your settings.