Creating a Simple Product, Step 3: Complete the Remaining Product Information
Although not required, there are other important sections of Product Information to complete. At the very least, you will want to upload product images and complete the meta data. In addition, you can keep track of your product inventory, and create additional input options and controls.
- If you plan to track inventory for the product, do the following:
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Inventory.
- Under Manage Stock, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox. Then, set Manage Stock to “Yes.”
- In the Qty field, type the quantity of the item that is currently in stock.
- Set Stock Availability to “In Stock.”
- Click the Save and Continue button.
Settings to Manage Inventory
- To upload images for your product, see: “Adding Product Images.”
- To create additional fields with input controls, see the following:
Points to Remember
- A simple product can have a variety of input controls (Custom Variants and Options) which makes it possible to sell many product variations from a single SKU.
- A simple product that is used in a one-to-many relationship with a grouped, configurable, or bundle product type can have additional attributes, but not custom variants and options.
- Custom Variants and Options cannot be tracked as separate inventory items. If you need to track inventory for product options, see: “Creating a Configurable Product.”