The locale determines the language, country, tax rate, and other settings used throughout your store. The Locale Options configure the time zone and language of the store, and identify the days of your work week in your area.
To set the locale for your store:
- From the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
- On the General page, click to expand the Locale Options section.
- Select your Timezone from the list. Then, do the following:
- Set Locale to the language for your store.
- Set First Day of the Week to the day that is considered to be the first day of the week in your area.
- In the Weekend Days list, select the days which fall on a weekend in your area. (To select multiple options, hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) key.)
- When complete, click the Save Config button.