Transfer an Existing SSL Certificate
If you already have a security certificate, your existing certificate can be transferred to your Magento Go store.
Step 1: Upload the Certificate Files
- Before you begin, do the following:
- Log in to your Magento account.
- From your account dashboard, under My Products and Services, select Magento Go. Then, click Purchase SSL.
- Follow the prompts to begin the process. Your account dashboard displays the following options:
- Transfer an Existing SSL
- Purchase New SSL from 3rd Party
- Select Transfer an Existing SSL.
- From your account dashboard, Browse to the zipped archive of SSL files on your computer. Then, click the Upload SSL button.
You are notified when the file uploads successfully. If it does not upload correctly the first time, try again.
Step 2: Change Your DNS Settings
When your SSL certificate is approved and finishes processing, the following message appears:
Required – Configure your DNS settings to point to: x.x.x.x (IP address)
The next step is to change the “A Record” of your custom URL to point to the new IP address. The exact process may vary according to your DNS manager and registrar. To learn more, see: Setting Up a Custom Domain
- Follow the instructions provided by your domain registrar. The exact procedure may vary, depending on your DNS manager and registrar.
- Click Confirm DNS Change to verify that the “A Record” has been changed.
After confirming the DNS change, your account dashboard displays the SSL type as “Bring Your Own SSL,” and shows the status of the certificate.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.