Using Product Image Watermarks
If you have gone to the expense of creating your own original product images, there is not much you can do to prevent unscrupulous competitors from stealing them with the click of a mouse. However, you can place a watermark on each image, to identify it as your property and make it a less attractive target.
Watermark files can be either a .jpg (jpeg), .gif or .png image. You can achieve the most subtle effects if the watermark file has a transparent alpha channel, such as a .png or .gif.
To upload a product image watermark:
For field descriptions, see: “Configuration: Catalog - Product Image Watermarks.”
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left, under General, select Design.
- Click to expand the Product Image Watermarks section. Then, complete the following steps for each image type (Base Image, Small Image, and Thumbnail):
- Enter the Watermark Default Size, in pixels. For example, 200 x 300.
- Enter the Watermark Opacity, as a percentage. For example, .40.
- Click the Browse button and select the watermark image file to upload.
- Set the Watermark Position to one of the following:
- Top/Left or Top/Right
- Bottom/Left or Bottom/Right
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
System > Configuration > General: Design - Product Image Watermarks