Using the Dashboard
By default, the dashboard is the first page you see when you log in to the Admin panel as an administrator. The dashboard shows you a quick view of important information about your store. You can view information about sales, orders, search terms, customers, and more. To generate more detailed reports about your store and sales, click Reports in the top navigation bar of the Admin panel.
Note: To change your default admin page, or to disable the default dashboard chart, see Configuration: Advanced - Admin.
To view your store’s admin dashboard:
- From the Admin panel, select Dashboard.
On the left side of the dashboard you can view the following information about your store:
- Lifetime Sales: Total monetary amount of all orders.
- Average Orders: Total monetary amount divided by number of orders.
- Last 5 Orders: The five most recently placed orders, including information for customer, items ordered, and order total.
- Last 5 Search Terms: The five search terms most recently searched for in your store, including the search term, results of the search, and total number of searches on that term.
- Top 5 Search Terms: The five most popular search terms, including information on the search term, results, and total number of searches on that term.
TIP: If you can’t see charts on your dashboard, they might be disabled. To enable charts on your admin dashboard, see Configuration: Advanced - Admin.
To view charts with information about store sales:
- On the right side of the dashboard, in the Select Range box, select the date range you want to use for the data you want to view in the chart.
- Do one of the following:
- To view a chart of the number of orders placed in your store over a period of time, click the Orders tab at the top of the chart area.
- To view a chart with the same information using monetary totals of orders, rather than the number of orders placed, click the Amounts tab at the top of the chart area.
At the bottom of the chart area you see the following information about the chart data:
- Revenue: Total monetary amount of all orders.
- Tax: Total monetary amount of all taxes paid
- Shipping: Total monetary amount of all shipping paid.
- Quantity: Total number of all orders.
TIP: If you want to change the start dates for date ranges in the Select Range box, see Configuration: General - Reports.
To see your comparative sales statistics:
- In the lower right, beneath the chart area, click one of the following tabs:
- Bestsellers tab: Contains links to the five most purchased products, including product name, price, and quantity ordered.
- Most Viewed Products tab: Contains links to the five most viewed products, including product name, price, and number of views.
- New Customers tab: Contains links to the five most recently created customer accounts, including customer name, number of orders, average order amount, and total order amount.
- Customers tab: Contains links to the five customers with the highest total order amount, including customer name, number of orders, average order amount, and total order amount.
- To view more detailed information about any item in the list, click the item.
- To return to the dashboard page after you view details, click your browser’s Back button.
If your dashboard reports are not updating correctly, try refreshing the statistics.
To refresh the statistics:
- In Magento Admin, go to Reports > Refresh Statistics. Then, choose Refresh Lifetime Statistics.
- Select the checkbox next to each report you want to update.
- In the upper-right Actions box, select Refresh Lifetime Statistics.
- Click the Submit button.