Creating a Virtual Product, Step 1: Select the Attribute Set and Product Type
The process of creating a virtual product and a simple product is nearly the same. The first step is to choose the attribute set to determine which fields are included in the product record. The product in this example is based on the Default attribute set, which includes the standard of set of fields that is used by most products.
Step 1: Choose the Attribute Set and Product Type
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Manage Products.
- In the upper-right corner of the Manage Products page, click the Add Product button.
Manage Products: Add Product
- In the Create Product Settings section, set Attribute Set to either the “Default” attribute set, or to another one that you have created.
- Select the Use Complex Product Types checkbox. Then, set Product Type to “Virtual Product”.
- Click the Continue button.
Create Product Settings
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.