Creating a Virtual Product, Step 3: Complete the Remaining Product Information
Although not required, there are other important sections of Product Information to complete. At the very least, you will want to upload a product image and complete the meta data. In addition, you can keep track of your product inventory, and create additional input options and controls.
- If you plan to track inventory for the product, do the following:
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Inventory.
- Under Manage Stock, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox. Then, set Manage Stock to “Yes.”
- In the Qty field, type the quantity of the item that is currently in stock.
- Set Stock Availability to “In Stock.”
- Click the Save and Continue button.
Settings to Manage Inventory
- To upload images for your product, see: “Adding Product Images.”
- To create additional fields with input controls, see the following:
Points to Remember
- A virtual product can have a variety of input controls (custom variants and options) which makes it possible to sell many product variations from a single SKU.
- A virtual product that is used in a one-to-many relationship with grouped or bundle product types cannot have custom variants and options.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.