Creating a Virtual Product, Step 3: Complete the Remaining Product Information
Although not required, there are other important sections of Product Information to complete. At the very least, you will want to upload a product image and complete the meta data. In addition, you can keep track of your product inventory, and create additional input options and controls.
- If you plan to track inventory for the product, do the following:
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Inventory.
- Under Manage Stock, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox. Then, set Manage Stock to “Yes.”
- In the Qty field, type the quantity of the item that is currently in stock.
- Set Stock Availability to “In Stock.”
- Click the Save and Continue button.
Settings to Manage Inventory
- To upload images for your product, see: “Adding Product Images.”
- To create additional fields with input controls, see the following:
Points to Remember
- A virtual product can have a variety of input controls (custom variants and options) which makes it possible to sell many product variations from a single SKU.
- A virtual product that is used in a one-to-many relationship with grouped or bundle product types cannot have custom variants and options.