Magento Go lets you assign a weight to any product attribute that is used in catalog search. The weight is a numerical score from 1-5 that determines the rank or value of the item.
To set the search properties of an attribute:
- From the Admin panel, select Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes.
- Find the attribute in the list, and click to open the record.
- Scroll down to the Frontend Properties section, and do the following:
- To include the attribute in Quick Search box queries, set Use in Quick Search to “Yes.”
- To include the attribute as a field on the Advanced Search form, set Use in Advanced Search to “Yes.”
- To establish the search value of the attribute, set Search Weight to a number from 1 to 5.
- When complete, click the Save Attribute button.
Still have questions? Submit them below and they'll be answered by our expert support team.
Like what you read? Drop us a note with your feedback below.